This programme consists of twelve courses which are each worth 20 credits. All courses are compulsory.
- Holistic and Sustainable Nutrition
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Health Disorders 1
- Holistic Health
- Health Disorders 2
- Clinical Skills for Nutritionists
- Advanced Nutrition
- Dietary Assessment and Planning
- Nutrition and Health
- Clinical Nutrition Practice 1
- Specialised Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition Practice 2
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the complementary health sector with advisors who can apply holistic knowledge of nutrition to assist people in the prevention of health issues.
Graduates will be able to work independently to design and deliver holistic nutrition health care programmes that contribute to people’s wellbeing by addressing nutritional and lifestyle health.
Graduates of the New Zealand Diploma in Holistic Nutrition (Level 6) will be able to undertake higher education in the areas of nutrition, health-related disciplines, complementary and natural medicine.
This qualification empowers our graduates with an expansive spectrum of career directions to explore. Take a look here for more pathway information.
Employment opportunities include:
Health related businesses including but not limited to supplement and food based companies, pharmacies, medical practices, midwifery practices, multi-disciplinary clinics, weight management clinics, the food service industry, community education, gymnasiums, health clubs and spas, personal training, schools, and aged care establishments.
Applicants should have completed the:
- New Zealand Diploma in Health Science (Level 5)
- A Level 5 Health or Science qualification (with courses in Anatomy and Physiology at Level 5)
- Students who have attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the minimum entry requirements for a programme will be eligible to be enrolled as a student who have had previous educational, work or experience in health or science fields where they use Anatomy and Physiology.
- Students who have not attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the required minimum entry requirements for a programme may also be eligible to enrol in exceptional circumstances. Such decisions will be made by the Programme Manager.
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools or other teaching institutions is not English, are required to provide evidence of having passed such test of English language competence as stipulated in Policy and Procedure English Language Proficiency. It is recommended that applicants have an IELTS score of 6.5. Proficiency must be demonstrated prior to being accepted on the programme
Applicants who do not meet the academic entry criteria above may be admitted to the programme if they are able to demonstrate:
- Equivalent knowledge and skills; and/or
- Previous and relevant life skills or work experience; and/or
- Other formal or informal study such as to suggest likelihood of successful programme completion
We do not accept international students. Our programmes are available to New Zealand and Australian citizens / residents currently living in New Zealand.
Where transfer of credit for previous study is being applied for, the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the Semester start date.
See the Recognition of Prior Learning section for full RPL criteria and details on how to undertake an application.
Programme Duration: Two year full-time or four years part-time
Start Date: 19 February 2024
Start Date: 6 May 2024
Start Date: 6 May 2024
2024 Tuition Fees
$9832 total for the programme including GST – payable per year of study
Text Books & Course Materials – TBC
Fees free, student loans and payment plans* are available. Apply today and our friendly team can talk you through your options.
Student loans and allowances are administered by StudyLink.
*Eligibility criteria applies, please contact the Team for more information.
Find out more here.
The following currently lists the compulsory of text book for the qualification (subject to change).
|Human Anatomy and Physiology
|Marieb & Hoehn
|Food and Nutrition Sustainable Food and Health Systems
|Mark L Wahlqvist, Danielle Gallegos
|Craft, Gordon & Tiziani
|Whitney & Rolfes
|Herbs and Natural Supplements
|Clinical Naturopathic Medicine
***You can purchase your textbooks from our Bookshop or ebooks from your favourite online retailer***